Deli Food Service Manager
Prairie Village, KS
It is the mission of Cosentino’s Food Stores to provide our customers the highest level of friendly, efficient and courteous service. We will offer the highest quality and best variety of products available at competitive prices in an exceptionally clean environment.
If you’d like to help us achieve that mission, apply for our Deli Manager position today!
As Deli Manager it will be your responsibility to assist customers in their shopping experience by leading all aspects of the deli team in a way that not only promotes growth for the company, but also results in a team that delivers the product and service Cosentino customers have come to expect.
You will report to the Store Director.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of (1) year previous experience in a deli, bakery, restaurant or food service operations position is required.
• Minimum of (6) months of previous management experience is required.
• You must obtain a food handling permit within the first 14 days of employment.
• Must complete ongoing training and development as listed on the Cosentino Learning Plan.
• Clearly communicate and implement strategy for achieving operational excellence in order to reach department goals.
• Provide direct supervision of the activities of all other members of the deli team in an operationally effective, motivating, and respectful manner.
• Conduct effective interviews to hire the highest quality candidates for the deli team. Ensure all new employees receive orientation and training.
• Provide effective coaching, corrective actions, and performance evaluations to improve individual and team performance.
• Address employee relations issues and, if needed, effectively work with the Store Director and/or Human Resource team to resolve issues.
• Manage labor costs in a way that successfully balances the customer’s need for service with the company’s need to closely monitor expenditures.
• Practice effective inventory management by counting and verifying merchandise against invoices and inspecting deliveries against for shortages, damages and quality.
• Procure items from suppliers as needed to maintain proper in-stock levels and inventory turns.
• Know and practice rotation procedures to ensure product dates are properly monitored.
• Enforce strict quality control measures of all deli product put out in cases, hot lines, and other deli areas.
• Practice appropriate portion control in deli production and service.
• Promote department sales by suggesting additional products, offering samples to customers, and demonstrating effective merchandising techniques.
• Promote ads and specials to increase department sales and profits.
• Know the location of the items in your department so you can accurately and courteously answer customer questions.
• Resolve customer complaints in a professional manner and recognize when it is appropriate to involve a member of the store management team.
• Implement the Cosentino Customer Service Standards.
• Ensure the team complies with all health regulations, sanitation guidelines and safety procedures for your department and your store.
• Operate, clean, and maintain all equipment safely and competently.
• Ensure the department is always clean, fully stocked, and creatively merchandised.
• Efficiently and accurately prepare, package, and label products for sale to customers.
• Ensure all coolers, freezers and preparation areas are clean and set up in advance for deliveries.
• Quickly unload incoming shipments and neatly stock them in their designated areas without damaging merchandise.
• Must be able to reach overhead with both arms up to a maximum of 84 inches, twisting at the waist and lifting objects with both hands weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull grocery items to the proper locations as needed, up to a peak force of 40 lbs.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time on tile, asphalt, concrete, or other hard surfaces.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to bend and squat, at times all the way to floor level.
• Must be able to work in colder conditions of the grocery coolers and freezers.
• Must be able to climb a ladder, possibly up to 15 ft.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.